The Clerk's Office is in charge of most town records, issues marriage licenses, fishing and hunting licenses, files reports with the County and State agencies as required, is involved with election adminstration, post legal notices, and is responsible for F.O.I.L. requests and fulfillment.
- F.O.I.L. Request FOIL Request
- Handicap Parking Permit (only for Milton residents) Application for a Parking Permit for persons with Disabilities
- Town Clerk and Rentals Fee Schedule
- Forms to apply for copies of Marriage Licenses or Death Certificates Click Here
Issuance of Marriage Licenses:
We ask that you call 518-885-9220 x110 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment. It is not necessary but it helps to move the process a little easier. It takes about 15 minutes to input the dasta into the program for the State. We acceptr applications Monday-Friday from 9am to 4pm. We may make an exception for an appointment after 4pm or weekends.
- Drivers License or State issued ID
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card or knowledge of your social security number
- Any previous marriage that ending in divorce, those divorce papers are necessary.
You do not have to live in New York State to apply for a Marriage License but you will have to get married in New York State. The license can be used anywhere in New York State. It is no valid for 24 hours from time of application and is only good for 60 days.
The cost is $40 payable at time of application. We accept check, money order, cash or credit/debit cards. There is a mandatory fee associated with the credit/debit card.