NOTICE TO BIDDERS
The Town Board of the Town of Milton will receive sealed bids on the following services until 12:00 p.m. on February 22, 2019 at 503 Geyser Road, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 at the office of the Town Clerk.
SERVICES: Electricity for the Town of Milton’s buildings, facilities, and lights as noted on the attached chart. The Town of Milton is requesting a fixed price, consolidated billing and forward pricing bid for electric consumption for the periods of 12 and 24 months effective 3/1/19. The full bid specifications are on file with the Town Clerk of the Town of Milton.
All bids received pursuant to this Notice will be publicly opened and read by the Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk of the Town of Milton at 12:00 p.m. on February 22, 2019 and presented thereafter to the Town Board of the Town of Milton, pursuant to New York General Municipal Law, on February 27, 2019 at the Town Hall, 503 Geyser Road, Ballston Spa, NY. The Clerk will notify all bidders by letter of acceptance or rejection.
Specification forms, describing services requested and locations for services may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office, Town of Milton, 503 Geyser Road, Ballston Spa, NY and on the Town’s Website at www.townofmiltonny.org.
All bids must be accompanied by a Certificate executed pursuant to Section 103-d of the General municipal Law of the State of New York. These Certificates are available from the Milton Town Clerk. In the event any questions arise on the bid specifications they should be directed in writing only to the Town Comptroller, via electronic mail at email@example.com All questions with respect to such bids, with their answers will be answered electronically and posted on the Town of Milton’s website.
The Town Board of the Town of Milton reserves the right to accept or reject any or all portions of the proposal, and to re-advertise for same, should the best interest of the Town thereby be promoted. The Town also reserves the right to reject any proposal that is informal, or waive any informality in the bidding document.
Dated: January 31, 2019
Town of Milton
INFORMATION FOR BIDDERS
REQUIREMENTS OF BID AND DELIVERY
ALL BIDS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON THE FORMS ANNEXED HERETO AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED HEREIN
- Receipt and Opening of Bid
The Town of Milton invites bids for the Bid Item specified in the Notice to Bidders as detailed in the specifications attached hereto. Bids will be received at the Office of the Town Clerk until the time stated in the Notice to Bidders, and then at said place will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after the specified time will not be considered. A bid may be withdrawn prior to the specified time for public opening. No bid may be withdrawn after the time set for public opening.
- Preparation of Bid
- Sealed Envelope – Each bid shall be submitted in a sealed envelope. The envelope shall have the following information on the outside:
1) Bid for: Purchase of Electric Service for Town Facilities in the Town of Milton.
2) The name and address of the bidder. Bids forwarded by mail must be enclosed in an envelope addressed as follows:
Town of Milton
503 Geyser Road
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
BID for: Purchase of Electric Services for Town Facilities
- Bid Proposal – All spaces on the bid proposal form must be filled in. Prices must be specified in words and figures. Bid proposals must be signed by the bidder and properly acknowledged as specified on the form. Proposals which are incomplete, conditional or obscure, or which contain additions not called for, erasures, alterations, ambiguities or irregularities of any kind may be rejected by the Town.
- Non-Collusion Certificate: Each bid must be accompanied by a Non-Collusion Certification as required by New York General Municipal Law Section 103-d. The Certification shall be signed by the bidder. A copy of the non-collusion certificate is annexed hereto.
- Agenda and Interpretation:
No interpretation of the meaning of the specifications or other pre-bid documents will be made to any bidder orally. Every request for such interpretations should be in writing addressed to the Comptroller of the Town of Milton, 503 Geyser Road, Ballston Spa, NY 12020, and to be given consideration must be received at least five (5) days prior to the date fixed for the opening of bids. Any and all such interpretations and any supplemental instructions will be in the form of a written addendum to the specifications which, if issued, will be posted on the Town of Milton website (www.townofmiltonny.org). Failure of any bidder to receive any such addendum or interpretation shall not relieve such bidder from any obligation under his bid submitted. Any addendum so issued shall become part of the contract documents.
- Deviations from Specifications: Differences or variances from specifications shall be listed separately from the proposal and enclosed with the proposal and made a part thereof.
- Duration of the bid: Prices and bid shall remain firm and effective for ten (10) days from the time of opening bids.
- Bid Price: Bid prices are to be in KWH. The prices quoted are to include the complete cost of the work or items bid including all charges, taxes and all other incremental charges. It is expressly called to the bidders’ attention that bids are to be complete in all respects as regards materials, equipment or work to be furnished under this contract, and that no extras of any kind be allowed. The prices quoted are to include the complete cost of the work or items bid including all charges, taxes, and all other incremental charges.
- Taxes: The bid price shall not include the excise or sales tax from which the Town of Milton is exempt.
- Qualifications of Bidders: The Town may make such investigations as it deems necessary to determine the ability of the bidder to perform the work or supply the items, and the bidder shall furnish the Town all such information and data for this purpose as the Town may request. The Town reserves the right to reject any bid if the evidence submitted by, or investigation of, such bidder fails to satisfy the Town that such bidder is properly qualified to carry out the obligations of the contract or supply the items, and to complete the work contemplated therein. Conditional bids will not be accepted.
- Statement of Equality: Reference made to trade means, manufacturer’s names, minute details and/or methods of manufacture, including material specifications and/or model numbers in the specification affixed hereto is merely intended to indicate a standard of excellence and/or to more suitably detail and explain the type of product desired. Variations from specification which do not materially affect the operational capability, the ease of maintenance, the physical ability to fit into space availability, the longtime operational economies and/or spare parts stock and /or procurement shall not preclude the products of and/or all manufactures from being given due consideration in respect to the award of the contract. The Town reserves the right to approve all proposed “equals”.
- Town’s Reservation of Rights: The contract will be awarded to the lowest responsible bidder furnishing the required security. The Town reserves the right to select the bid proposal, or any separate part thereof, if separable, the acceptance of which will best serve the interest of the Town or to reject any and all bids and to re-advertise for bids. The Town specifically reserves the right to waive any informality in the bids tendered.
- Other requirements may be found in the Specifications annexed hereto.
The Town of Milton is requesting a fixed price, consolidated billing, forward pricing bid for electric supply for the alternative periods of 12 and 24 months, beginning March 1, 2019. A list of the National Grid accounts included in this bid is detailed below. BIDS ARE DUE AT 12:00 P.M. ON FEBRUARY 22, 2019, AND REMAIN FIRM AND EFFECTIVE UNTIL 10:00 A.M. ON FEBRUARY 28, 2019. Each bidder must submit a bid for a 12–month period and a 24-month period.
Town of Milton Utility Accounts
Account Location Other details
39490-23119 Geyser Road Traffic Light Lighting
79490-22107 Rowland St. Park Shop
14890-23100 Bath/Storage Rowland St. Bathrooms/Storage
91314-24102 Town Hall/Garage Buildings
20090-23109 Rowland St. Cold Storage/Park Bldg.
99514-24104 310 Northline Rd. Community Center
32352-93109 Master Lighting
42938-79100 Heritage Hills Lighting Lighting
88738-82107 Town Lighting Lighting
05190-07115 Geyser Road Lighting Lighting
77780-07115 Rowland St. Salt Shed
63181-10008 3303 Galway Rd. Stump Dump/Galway
25870-69003 Rowland St. Pavilion Lighting
89690-22104 Rowland St. Lighting
____________________________________ (Bidder), a (corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship) organized under the laws of the State of ____________________, having examined the documents and specifications in compliance with the Town of Milton invitation for bid on Purchase of Electricity for Town Buildings, Facilities and Lights hereby proposes to furnish the services specified at the lump sum price set forth:
Twelve (12) Month Period:
Twenty-four (24) Month Period:
The above prices are complete and include all costs and charges. Acceptance of this bid by the Town constitutes a contract. Bidder agrees that this bid is made in accordance with the Town specifications and documents. Bidder acknowledges the following addenda:
Accepted by Resolution dated: ___________________
William Mevec, Town Clerk SEAL
NON-COLLUSIVE BIDDING CERTIFICATION
By submission of this bid, each bidder and each person signing on behalf of any bidder certifies, and in the case of a joint bid each party thereto certifies as to its own organization, under penalty of perjury, that to the best of knowledge and belief:
- The prices in this bid have been arrived at independently without collusion, consultation, communication or agreement, for the purpose of restriction competition, as to any matter relating to such prices with any other bidder or with any competitor.
- Unless otherwise required by law, the prices which have been quoted in this bid have not been knowingly disclosed by the Bidder and will not knowingly be disclosed by the Bidder prior to opening, directly or indirectly, to any other bidder or to any other competitor.
- No attempt has been made or will be made by the Bidder to induce any other person, partnership, or corporation to submit or not to submit a bid fo the purpose of restricting competition.
A bid shall not be considered for award nor shall any award be made where (1), (2), and (3) above have not been complied with; provided, however, that if in any case the Bidder cannot make the foregoing certifications, the Bidder shall so state and shall furnish with the bid a signed statement which sets forth in detail the reasons therefore. Where (1), (2) and (3) above have not been complied with, the bid shall not be considered for award nor shall any award be made unless the head of the purchasing unit of the political subdivision, public department, agency or official thereof to which the bid is made, or his designee, determines that such disclosure was not made for the purpose of restricting competition.
The fact that a bidder (a) has published list prices, rates or tariffs covering items being procured, (b) has informed prospective customers of proposed or pending publication of new or revised price lists for such items, or (c) has sold the same items to other customers at the same prices being bid, does not constitute, without more, a disclosure within the meaning of subparagraph one.
Name of Bidder: __________________________________
Address of Bidder: ________________________________
SEAL (If Bid is by a Corporation)
Signature of Bidder: __________________________