January Hours (+ Tuesday January 31st)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-4pm: excluding holidays
February Hours (+ Tuesday February 28th)
Thursday & Friday 9am-4pm: excluding holidays
March Hours (excluding holidays)
Thursday & Friday 9am-4pm
BILLS ARE NOW PAYABLE ONLINE WITH ADDITIONAL FEES
Access online bills and payment methods by clicking HERE.
Property tax bills are now payable online with a fee. These fees are charged by the credit card company and not the Town of Milton. 2.45% transaction fee with credit card, $3.95 fee for debit cards and $1.75 fee for electronic check. Once payment is received by mail or online, a paid receipt will be mailed to the property owner.
The mission of the Tax Receiver's Department is to collect all taxes and other debts owed to the Town of Milton, and to properly account for them in a timely manner. In addition, the Tax Receiver's Department applies all state and local statutes equally, without favoritism or prejudice to its citizens. This high level of integrity instills confidence in the citizens we serve and encourages voluntary compliance.
Receiving your Tax Bills
Taxpayers will receive their tax bills the first week in January. If your tax bill is not received, you may contact the tax office at 518-884-2765 and a new bill will be forwarded. You may also go online to http://egov.basny.com/milton/ to print a copy of your tax bill and obtain payment information.
Tax payers are responsible to pay their taxes, even if the tax bill has not been received. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the taxpayer of the responsibility to pay the taxes and all fees due at the time of payment.
- If a bill is received and you no longer own the property, please notify the tax office with any new owner information, so that the tax office can forward the tax bill to the correct owner.
- If you receive a tax bill that should be paid through a mortgage company or bank, please forward the bill to the appropriate agency, or call the tax office with the information. When the mortgage holder pays the tax bill, a receipt will be forwarded to the name and address on the tax bill.
Owner occupants 65 years of age or older and physically or mentally impaired homeowners may request an adult third-party to receive duplicate bills. You may pick the form up from the tax office or call the tax office to request a form.
PAYING AFTER MARCH 31st:
After March 31st, 2017 taxes are paid directly to the County Treasurer at
40 McMaster St., Municipal Bldg #1, Ballston Spa. (518) 884-4724.
Late Tax Payments
- Taxes paid by February 1st penalty free
- Taxes paid March 1st incur a penalty of 1%
- Taxes paid by March 31 incur a penalty of 2% as well as a $2.00 second notice fee. (A second notice will be mailed out to all unpaid parcel owners).
Paying Your Tax Bill by Mail
Tax payments are to be mailed to:
Sharon Sommer, Receiver of Taxes
Town of Milton
503 Geyser Road
Ballston Spa, New York 12020
U.S. Postmark bills will be accepted. A receipt will be mailed to you, if requested.
Paying your Tax Bill in Person
You may also pay your tax bill directly during the times and dates listed above at:
- The Town Hall Tax Receiver’s Office (Lower Level)
503 Geyser Road
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Tax Questions AFTER April 1st
After April 1st, any questions you have regarding your taxes such as lost receipt or tax payment information can be found at http://egov.basny.com/milton/
or you may call the tax office and leave a message. We will return your call within a timely manner. If you have questions regarding a change of the name on a deed, please contact the Assessor's Office at 518-884-8047.