The Assessor's Office administers all aspects of real property assessment in the Town of Milton. The Assessor identifies all property in the Town and estimates the value of each parcel. The town, county, and school budgets determine the amount of tax to be raised. The Assessment determines the share each property owner will pay toward the total tax levy.
Our doors are always open and we're here to assist homeowners in any way we can. Please call (518) 885-8047 if you have any questions or concerns - We're here to serve YOU!
- March 1st - Deadline for exemptions.
Taxable Status Date (Property inventory as of this date.)
- May 1st - Tentative Assessment Roll filed
- 4th Tuesday in May - Grievance Day (2-4PM & 7-9PM)
- July 1st - Final Assessment Roll filed.
Valuation Dates (Sales used through prior July 1st)
Services available at the Assessor's office
- Assessment rolls with cross reference by location and owners names.
- Tax Maps (Boundary lines of parcels and surrounding parcels)
- Property Record Cards - Current owners with mailing address, picture, sketch and inventory of every parcel
- Exemption Forms and assistance in filing
- Comparable assessments and comparable sales analysis
- Wetlands as designated by DEC
County Level Services
All deeds, surveys and property transfers are recorded at the County Clerk's Office, 40 McMaster St., Ballston Spa.
New York State Assessment Community Taxpayer Education VideoThe two videos below are intended to assist taxpayers and others in better understanding the assessment and property tax systems in use by New York State's local governments.
Assessments and Real Property Taxes: An Overview
Please Note: The above videos are in Windows Media format (.wmv).
The Windows Media Player is available for free at the MS download center.